The Wonderful 1’s class is for children aged 12 months to 24 months, and is located in the yellow door. We want each child to have fun while also learning. We want to create activities to help develop a child’s mind and body, as well as a child’s social abilities. Our number one goal is to create a fun and comfortable environment for your child. Their program promotes independence like self-feeding, pre-potty training, settling into a routine, yet introduced to choice through independent play and learning stations. On the academic level, there are small group, teacher –led learning units spaced throughout their busy day. Shapes, colors, numbers, beginning phonics, music and art are just a few of the activities used to stimulate academic growth.
Key areas of child development & learning:
• A wide variety of literature including poetry & hand rhymes
• Art projects that use diverse materials and textures
• Music that is cultural and classic, along with many favorite children’s songs
• The use of imagination with dramatic play
• Discovering different materials such as rice and water (older children have access to sand)
• Math skills such as counting, measuring, matching, shapes and opposites
• Science experiments and an appreciation of nature
• Fine motor skills such as stringing cheerios and painting, etc.
• Large motor skills such as climbing and rolling a ball, etc.
• Circle time which includes colors, sign language, weather, etc.
6:30 – 8:00 ~ Drop Off / Morning Care
8:00 – 8:30 ~ Potty/ Breakfast (Breakfast will not be served any later.)
8:30 – 9:00 ~ Center Activities
9:00 – 9:30 ~ Praise & Worship / Circle Time
9:30 – 10:00 ~ Curriculum
10:00 – 10:30 ~ Potty Training/ Snack Time
10:30 – 11:00 ~ Outside Play/Walk
11:00 – 11:20 ~ Story Time/Potty-Training
11:20 – 12:00 ~ Center Activity
12:00 – 12:30 ~ Lunch
12:30 – 3:00 ~ Rest Time
3:00 – 3:30 ~ Potty Training/ Snack Time
3:30 – 4:00 ~ Center Activities
4:00 – 4:30 ~ Outside Play
5:00 – 6:00 ~ Pick Up
Developmental Classroom Goals – One Year Old Room
Age: About 12 Months
Scribbles with crayons.
Turns a page in a book.
Is able to push, pull and dump things.
Builds a tower of 2 blocks.
Holding & grasping
Pull pants up/down (w/ assistance)
Practice proper use of eating utensils
Social Skills & Language Development
Points to a few body parts when asked.
Follows simple commands and understands simple questions
Listens to simple stories, songs, and rhymes.
Points to pictures in a book when named.
Says more words every month.
Uses some one- or two- word questions
Puts two words together
Alphabets, Colors, and Numbers
Days of the week
Music and Movement